For all of the latest news about local short track racing in Northern California! Est. 2001 - www.TheMUD-Racing.Net

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Chris "The Magician" Lancaster Wins 200-lap Enduro

Roseville, CA - (August 8, 2010) - Chris Lancaster and Ron Wills electrified the crowd at All American Speedway Saturday night with back and forth lead changes and side-by-side racing in the 200-lap Enduro race. 

With the track watered and soaped, No. 02 Joe Addison led the field at the green.  On lap five, No. 95 Larry Moniz took the number one position for a lap, and then Wills took over with Lancaster running in second. 

Wills continued to lead with Lancaster right behind him.  Lancaster took the lead for one lap on lap 12, and then relinquished it back to Wills on lap 13.  On lap 26, Lancaster again got the lead and held on to it until lap 62 when Wills passed him.  Lancaster and Addison had a terrific fight for second going on behind the leader, with Addison getting second position on lap 77.  Wills was leading at end of the first 100 laps.  "I took the shortest line and passed him (Lancaster)," Wills said.  "I wasn't going to let him get it back."

For the second 100-lap race, the track was watered and soaped again and the field drove the opposite way on the track.  Wills started from the number one position followed by Lancaster, Addison, No. 2 David Pabst, and Moniz. 

Wills got out in front at the green flag before Lancaster relieved him of that position on lap 136.  Addison exited the track on lap 120 with car problems.  Lancaster led until lap 174 when Wills took the lead.  The fans were thrilled and on their feet watching Wills and Lancaster battle each other for the lead.  On lap 182, Lancaster got the lead back, then on lap 199 Wills got the lead at the white flag, but Lancaster passed him on the last lap to take the checkered flag. 

"That was an amazing race," Lancaster said after winning.  "I have to thank my family, my Uncle Scott, my girlfriend Jill."

"I have to tell you.  Wills drove his butt off and he ran me clean the whole race.  We were back and forth, side-by-side, and the great thing about Enduro racing is the traffic.  You have to maneuver through traffic and we just went back and forth with the lead through the traffic."

Wills followed Lancaster over the finish line and said, "I doesn't get any better than this.  I raced as hard as I could.  I took the lead on lap 199 and gave up the position on the inside going in to the last corner.  He did what he had to do.  I gave him a few taps along the way too, but we raced clean.  I don't mind a little bumping here and there, that's just racing."

Unfortunately, in post race inspection, No. 18 Ron Wills was disqualified due to a high compression reading.

Next Saturday, August 14, All American Speedway will feature Kids Night at the track.  Children 12 and under get in FREE with an adult paid admission.  There will be an extra special event for the kids, a newspaper toss to win a new BMX bicycle sponsored by the Roseville Press Tribune.  There will be face painting, a WSRA autograph session, $2 kids meal deal, and a kid’s football toss.  For more information go to: www.allamericanspeedway.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment